Welcome

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." - ZigZiglar

Thursday, December 12, 2013

One Step at a Time can Change your Life


 “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ~ Lao Tzu  
One Step at a time can change your life.  You don’t believe me? Try it. No matter what your problem is you can change the way you live by starting with one step at a time.

I have been working on some important projects and I unconsciously decided that it gave me the license to leave things as they are. This meant that my desk was full of clutter and so was my dump yard (the store room). The more I looked at it the more difficult it was to find time to clean up. Each time I thought of cleaning up arose my next thought would be, ‘this would take me hours I cannot afford to spend that kind of time right now.’ Nothing happened, except that dust and stuff piled up on my desk.

Then one morning I could bear the sight of the clutter anymore and I decided that I would give the clutter a few minutes of my time before I began work for that day. Guess what? My few minutes turned to an hour and my desk was clean. I decided that I would give a few minutes each day to whatever needed my attention. I should say that life isn't the same anymore. So much stuff has been cleared up and I am back to my saner, clutter free world.

This works with anything. I started on a raw diet, one item on my meal at a time. I have progressed to 75% raw vegetarian diet in the course of a year.

I have this habit of getting glued to my work desk throughout the day. I decided to walk a few steps at a time. Initially it was difficult to break my old habits. I would tell myself I’ll do this later, now, I’ll finish this article or this blog post.

However, once I got started on it my five minute walk progressed to an hour long walk. Now, I have built in hours of walk into my daily routine. When you do something in small manageable parts that doesn't seem overwhelming, you can change your life one step at a time.

Start small and keep at it until the thrill of success drives you to do reach your goals. 

If you found this post useful share the link today with someone who could use some help. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment