Welcome

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." - ZigZiglar

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Live your dreams Part2


Live your dream - sofspics


Continuing with  what I had said in part 1 of live your dream,  each of us have strong desires or what some of us call dreams, while some call them ambitions. The very fact that we call them dreams we have assigned to them a special status both positive and negative. Positive because that is the very thing that you would love to have in your life and negative because the words dream has a negative connotation to it - the dictionary would negatively define a dream as  unrealistic or self-deluding fantasy. It is easy to give up on your dreams if you consider them unrealistic or self-deluding.

If I still have your attention, that means you want to pursue your dreams. Make the unrealistic part of your dream workable and realistic. Study, research and find out all the pros and cons get into the finer details that could make your dream workable.  Plan and organize your activity to center around your dreams, if your dream is to write a book then plan to spend a major part of your day writing and improving your skills. My writing skills have become much sharper than what it has been a year ago. I have put in at least seven hours of work every day of the week at an average - usually more. I write all kinds of stuff, creative stuff, self- improvement articles that you see here and else where, scripture lessons. I spend a major part of my day making the unattainable attainable. Now, no one can ever tell me that my dream of publishing a book is a vain fantasy. Last week my brother called to ask me when he would see my book being published, I haven’t spoken to him about my dream, but he has seen my dream in my efforts. Now, my dream has became the dream of my loved ones too! A kind of collective dream. It is now impossible to run away from my dream, because I would be letting myself and others down. What a way to have yourself caught up in your dream! My point here is this, 'what you do daily is what you future will consist of'. So take care to see that what you dream of today is a part of your everyday routine.
Don’t let others talk you out of your dream. Your dream is yours alone and they do not know how important and precious it is to you. Listen to yourself not to the dissenting voices.
Getting to the positive connotation of the word dream - the dictionary defines it as - a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind, b) cherished aspiration, ambition, or ideal.
If your mind has invested a series of thoughts, images, and sensations in your dream that you find it exciting to even think of it, you should go for it. Creation happens twice, first in the mind and then in the real world. Your creation has already begun. It now needs your efforts your concrete plans so that it could become a reality. This is totally dependent on your faith in yourself.
Do you believe in yourself? Do you believe that you are capable of achieving your cherished ambitions? Do you believe you have the potential?
If YOU don’t, no one ever will! Believe in yourself today!

I will continue writing about this in another post very soon. Thank you for being with me and following me. Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment